Published on May 2nd, 2014 | by Daniel Cheeseman1
Everton v Manchester City: Build up, Stats & Predictions
City go into this game…
- 3 points behind league leaders Liverpool, with a game in hand
- with the Premier League title back in their own hands once again
- having scored 12 goals and conceded 7 in their last 5 games
- hoping that David Silva will be featuring in the starting 11 after missing last week’s game through injury
- off the back of a 2-0 win against Crystal Palace.
What happened last time…
The last time these two played was back in October, when City won 3-1 at the Etihad – here are some highlights to refresh your memory!
I predict 3 changes to the side that played against Crystal Palace on Sunday, I think that Silva will replace Milner (if he’s fit), Fernandinho will replace Garcia and Clichy will play instead of Kolarov.
If Silva is available, then Pellegrini may finally be able to play his strongest starting 11! So here’s what I think it’ll be:
Zabaleta Kompany Demichelis Clichy
Nasri Fernandinho Toure Silva
Who to look out for…
I think Everton’s biggest threat going forward is Romelu Lukaku, the Chelsea forward was loaned out at the start of the season to Everton and since then has bagged 13 goals in the Premier League this season, and it looks like Roberto Martinez wants to hang onto him once this season is over (you can’t really blame him!)
This is going to be a massive test for the Blues, they need to make sure that they are motivated right from the word go and try to silence the Evertonian crowd as early as possible. So, my prediction is going to be 4-2 to City.
COME ON YOU BLUES!!!
– Daniel Cheeseman