Published on May 7th, 2014 | by Daniel Cheeseman1
Manchester City v Aston Villa: Build up, Stats & Predictions
City go into this game…
- 1 point behind league leaders Liverpool, with a game in hand
- knowing that 2 wins will be enough to clinch their second Premier League title in 3 seasons
- against a team who have lost 7 of their last 10 away games
- having scored 12 goals and conceded 8 in their last 5 games
- hoping that David Silva will be back in the starting 11, after being out through injury for a couple of weeks
- off the back of a crucial 3-2 win against Everton.
What happened last time…
The last time these two played was back in September, when City lost 3-2 at Villa Park – check out these highlights if you need a reminder of what happened:
I predict 4 changes to the side that played against Everton on Saturday night, but I still think it’ll be a very strong side:
Who to look out for…
With Christian Benteke out through injury, I think Villa’s biggest threat going forward will be Andreas Weimann. The Austrian international has bagged 5 goals and 4 assists in 29 games for Villa this season, and couple of big clubs have shown an interest in signing the 22 year old this Summer.
All the stats say this should be a routine victory for the Blues, but we all know that nothing is ever that easy in the Barclays Premier league! They need to make sure that they are motivated right from the word go and try to score an early goal to relieve a bit of the pressure.
So, my prediction is going to be… 1-0 to City.
COME ON YOU BLUES!!!
– Daniel Cheeseman