Published on May 9th, 2014 | by maxbloggs0
Manchester City v West Ham United: Build up, Stats & Predictions
City go into this game…
- 2 points ahead of Liverpool at the top of the table, with one game remaining
- knowing that a win or draw is almost certainly enough to clinch their second Premier League title in 3 seasons
- against a team who have failed to win away against City in the Premier League since April 2003
- having scored 14 goals and conceded 5 in their last 5 games
- with a fully fit squad after Sergio Aguero is confirmed to be back from injury
- off the back of a well-earned 4-0 win against Aston Villa.
What happened last time…
The last time these two played was back in October, when City won 3-1 at Upton Park – check out these highlights if you need a reminder of what happened:
I predict 3 changes to the side that played against Villa on Wednesday night, but I think Manuel Pellegrini will play the strongest possible starting 11:
Who to look out for…
I think it’s fairly obvious that West Ham’s biggest threat going forward is Andy Carroll. Although the England forward has only bagged 2 goals in 15 games for The Hammers this season, I’m sure that the Blues will be well aware of his aerial threat.
On paper, this should be a straightforward win. Manuel Pellegrini has a fully fit squad to choose from and the team have all the momentum behind them going into this game, but we all know that anything can happen in football!
So, my prediction for the last game of the season (and the title decider) is… 3-0 to City!
COME ON YOU BLUES!!!
– Daniel Cheeseman