Published on August 2nd, 2016 | by Daniel Cheeseman0
Leroy Sane signs for City
City have announced the signing of Leroy Sane from Schalke 04
The German international became the Blues’ fifth signing of summer 2016 and will wear the Number 19 shirt.
Sane has signed a five-year deal which will keep him at the Etihad Stadium until at least 2021.
Recognised as one of the continent’s brightest young talents, Sane is a fast and technically astute forward-thinking player who can line up on either wing, as a number 10 or as a false nine.
— Manchester City (@ManCity) August 2, 2016
- Born to former German rhythmic gymnast champion Regina Weber and former footballer and Senegalese international Souleymane Sané, the 20-year old possesses dual French and German citizenship and opted to represent world champions Germany
- Sane began at Schalke’s “Nachwuchsleistungszentrum” academy where he enjoyed two spells on either side of a three-year stint at Bayer Leverkusen, leading to his professional bow against VfB Stuttgart on 20 April 2014
- 2014/15 saw Sane visit City Football Academy for the first time with Schalke’s under-19 selection, where he caught the eye in a 1-1 draw with Patrick Vieira’s side in the UEFA Youth League
- He made his UEFA Champions League debut for Schalke at the Santiago Bernabeu where they gave Real Madrid a huge scare on 10 March 2015, with Sane scoring the winning goal in a 4-3 victory
- Last season Leroy made 42 appearances for Schalke, scoring nine goals
- Sane was called up by Joachim Low for this summer’s Euro 2016 tournament, where he won his fourth cap in the semi-final defeat to France
What do you think?
Will Leroy Sane prove to be a good signing for City?
- Definitely (50%, 3 Votes)
- Probably (50%, 3 Votes)
- Not sure (0%, 0 Votes)
- Probably Not (0%, 0 Votes)
- Definitely Not (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 6