Published on July 20th, 2016 | by Daniel Cheeseman0
Preview: Bayern Munich v Manchester City 20/07/16
Pep Guardiola kicks off his Manchester City revolution in a friendly against old club Bayern Munich on Wednesday night – here’s a quick preview!
How they could line up
While there will be an obvious lack of first team players against Bayern, due to the fact that most of them are still recovering from the Euros and Copa America, it’ll be interesting to see what Pep can conjure up with the youth that’s available.
Head to Head Facts
- Pep Guardiola’s first game in charge will see him return to his former club
- Bayern also have a new manager in Carlo Ancelotti
- The German outfit completed a league and cup double last season and add to City’s already competitive pre-season schedule, which also includes fixtures against Manchester United and Arsenal
- A successful spell saw Guardiola lift the Bundesliga trophy three times in three years
- The Bavarians have been a familiar foe in recent seasons, having faced City in the 2013/14 and 2014/15 Champions League, with the last friendly between the two sides coming in summer 2013
- That day, the home side had the edge as a Thomas Muller penalty and one from Mario Mandzukic cancelled out Alvaro Negredo’s opener.
Head to Head Record
Bayern wins: 3
City wins: 3
Where to watch it
The game is being shown on BT Sport 1, with the action starting at 7:15pm.
Kick off is at 7:30pm.